Our Partnership Program
Our partnership program is offered to extraordinary leaders and community organizations in low-resource contexts who desire to develop community-owned programs supporting mental health and wellbeing. Through consultation and collaboration, we help our partners take their initiatives from initial concept to effectiveness and sustainability.
Year 1: Pilot Year
- We work with the participating organization and their community to assess and define the problem they hope to solve. This includes initial needs assessments, focus groups, and interviews.
- Using our findings and principles of human-centered design, we help design a pilot program or a series of projects to develop through community participation and engagement.
- During the program, transformational partners have access to our leadership support, strategic advising, evaluation support, and clinical experience.
Years 2-5: Implementation and Expansion
- Each subsequent year, we create clear goals for the partnership to help expand on the pilot. This stage depends heavily on the community’s specific needs. Each partnership is required to measure effectiveness and adapt.
- As the partnership’s impact grows, we support long-term strategy in growing a team, generating revenue, applying for larger grants, training stakeholders, and more.
- Throughout the partnership, we support participants by convening like-minded leaders, the input of experts with relevant experience, and our own accompaniment and support.
Listening & needs assessment
deep empathetic exploration to understand participant needs and goals to motivate participation and engagement
Program structure & design
co-creating programs and resources that respond to the most pertinent wellbeing needs of your context
Leadership development & team support
enhancing partner sustainability and strength through capacity building in relevant topics
Impact measurement & analysis
creating approachable developmental and summative evaluation strategies to understand impact and improve programs
our partnership principles
- We combine psychological expertise and clinical experience with human-centered design to address problems in low- resource contexts.
- We fine-tune our strategies, processes, and tools across partnerships, and we customize our support & services to our participants’ needs.
- We leverage a 2-to-5-year time horizon for partnership growth, evaluation, refinement, and long-term impact.
- We work with leaders embedded in local communities to design for community participation and ownership. Initiatives are created to last beyond Brio’s involvement.
- We address key components of a functioning mental health system— treatment, prevention/promotion, and systems/capacity building— with an emphasis on prevention and promotion as a means of reducing overall need.
Our Mental Health Design Toolkit
While much of mental health design requires customization, we have created a mental health design toolkit that combines the best of clinical practice, psychological research, and human-centered design principles. We use the processes in our toolkit with each partner.